This past Sunday we looked at Romans 8:15-17 and discussed how, through faith in Christ, we are justified before God, but we are also adopted as sons and daughters of God.
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. – Romans 8:14-17
We ended our time with 5 things that we know, When God is our father….
1. When God is your father your more than forgiven, you’re family
2. When God is your father he’s going to give you what’s best for you
3. When God is your father your future is secure
4. When God is your father your identity is set
5. When God is your father there’s no such thing as a fair fight against you. In Christ, He IS on our side. That doesnt mean that every outcome will go the way we want it to. But it does mean that God will ultimately give us what is BEST for us.
“If God is for us who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
“…no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed…” (Isaiah 54:17)
For further reading, here’s a great post from Desiring God on the subject of God as Father: Worship God As Father