The struggle behind so many of our struggles, or the thing that is compounding the pain we’re going through, is a low view/understanding of God.
AW Tozer said: “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”
He’s right! He also said: “Without doubt, the mightiest thought the mind can entertain is the thought of God, and the weightest word in any language is its word for God.”
There are so many ways to raise our view of God, but here a few simple ways to elevate your view of God TONIGHT:
1. Recite/write out your own story of how God brought you to faith in Christ
2. Read Psalm 115 out loud and write down a responsive prayer to God
3. Check out the names of God and their meanings assembled by Tony Evans here: https://tonyevans.org/praying-and-pronouncing-the-names-of-god/
4. Pray out loud, and thank God for every way He has provided for you.
5. Confess your sins. Use Psalm 51 to get you started, then Psalm 32 afterwards.
6. Rewrite Colossians 1:15-20 in your own words
7. Look at one of the beauties of creation that stirs your heart like a sunset, stars, or maybe a family picture, or a child sleeping peacefully. The read Psalm 8 and/or 139.