Six Biblical Guidelines For Loving One Another Amid Our Differences: (HT/adapted from John Piper)
- Avoid gossiping.
- Identify evidences of God’s gifts in each other and speak them to each other and about each other.
- Speak criticism directly to each other if we feel the need to speak to others about it.
- Look for, and assume, the best motive in the other’s viewpoint, especially when we disagree.
- Think often of the magnificent things we hold in common.
- Be more amazed that we are forgiven than that we are right. And in that way, let’s shape our relationships by the gospel.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” -Jesus, John 13:34-35